Time Management Skills
Time is one of those most import commodities that we have and probably the only one we cant recover in one way or another, this makes Time Management a key skill in today’s business world.
The art of doing what needs to be done when it needs to be done is not one that we are all equipped with. This short course aims to go someway to correcting that by introducing the following concepts
- Effective Time Management
- What do you Do in a Day vs. What you Should be doing
- Why do you need to manage your Time
- How to improve your Time Management
Some quick tips to improve your Time Management Skills’
- Plan each day. Planning your day will help you accomplish more and be more in control. Write a to-do list, most important tasks at the top.
- Prioritise your tasks. Time-consuming but relatively unimportant tasks can eat into your day by prioritising you do things in the right order
- Learn to say No to nonessential tasks. Its hard to do but say no to the non important – don’t get distracted.
- Delegate. Take a look at your to-do list – what can you delegate – remember delegate responsibility but don’t abdicate responsibility.
- Take the time you need to do a quality job. Speed is no good if its wrong – Right first time every time is the Motto
- Practice the 10-minute rule. Work on a hated task for 10 minutes each day. Don’t ignore it – bite the bullet and get it done
- Evaluate how you’re spending your time. Keep a note of everything you do for a week and then reflect on what you have done and how you could have done it better
- Limit distractions. If necessary move to a quite corner to avoid distractions
- Take a break and clear your head. This will help you refocuss
- Take a time management course. Contact Smartworxs for further details
To be successful, SMART tools must be applied in a stable environment and that stability can only be achieved when you implement the basic SMART tools first.
The team from Smartworxs will help you with the deployment of these SMART tools and be there with you to help and guide you through the implementation.