How to 5’C the SMART way?
This is one of the simplest yet most effective tools available to us. 5’C For Manufacturing has been described by many of the Continuous Improvement gurus as the “Foundation” for all continuous improvement activities.
“Poor workplace conditions lead to wastes such as extra motion to avoid obstacles, time spent searching for things, and delays due to defects, machine failures, or accidents. Establishing basic workplace conditions is an essential first step in creating an efficient place to work” – Steve F. Karar
SMART 5’C For Manufacturing – Is a basic 5 step process that if followed and implemented correctly will make the workplace more efficient and effective, it will improve quality and it will reduce costs, it will also provide a secure platform to move the businesses forward from
The basic steps are
- Clear Out – Eliminating materials that do not belong on the workplace floor such as broken tools, obsolete materials, and excess raw materials
- Configure – Creates where products flow through the process and environment with a place for everything and everything in its place
- Clean and Check – Gets everything back to the as NEW condition so adverse conditions are easily detectable
- Conformity – Establish the BEST method for undertaking a task then ensure it is communicated and everybody does it the same BEST way
- Custom and Practice – Establish the standards and making a habit – Slipping back into the old ways or “comfort zone” is not acceptable
SMART 5’C For Manufacturing – Will provide a secure platform to move the businesses forward from it is not just about having a clean and tidy workplace
SMART 5’C For Manufacturing- Is about setting standards and is the basis for all continuous improvement acticities
To be successful, SMART tools must be applied in a stable environment and that stability can only be achieved when you implement the basic SMART tools first.
The team from Smartworxs will help you with the deployment of these SMART tools and be there with you to help and guide you through the implementation.